After this massive festive season, I'm feeling the need to apologise to my body. If I don't do it now, it's never going to happen because soon it will be Gordy's birthday, then Australia Day, the Big Day Out and a variety of other public holidays, weddings and birthdays. Then mad March begins with the Adelaide Fringe Festival, Womadelaide, the Clipsal and some other festivals. March is the most amazing time to be in Adelaide.
On with the salad.
It's pretty. It's colourful. Your body will love you for it. Most of all, it's delectable.
Hope you're enjoying the beginning of this year! For me, my weekend has come to a close and I have to go back to work tonight. I can't wait for the day a lost relative leaves me their fortune and I can stay home and paint and write books.
Time: If you have a food processor, five minutes. If using a grater, 15 minutes.
Serves: 2 large, 4 small.
• One grated raw beetroot.
• One grated carrot.
• One grated green apple.
• One cup of baby spinach.
• Quarter of a cup of sunflower seeds.
• Quarter of a cup of chopped, raw almonds.
• One teaspoon of chia seeds. (optional, of course, as is everything.)
• One teaspoon of black sesame seeds (optional.)
• One Tablespoon of flax oil (use olive oil if you can't find flax. Flax or linseed as we call it in Australia, is high in omega 3 fatty acid and helps lower cholesterol.)
• Juice of half a lemon.
Method: Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, except the oil and the juice. Pour the oil and juice over the top of the salad.
It's now ready to eat.
Take care :) xx