Work was fun. I worked with some lovely people and during a quiet moment we went ghost hunting around the spooky corridors of the hospital. We freaked ourselves out. It was hilarious.
Time: Ten minutes prep and 30 minutes to cook.
- 1.25 cups of vegan butter, like nuttelex.
- 1.25 cups of raw caster sugar.
- 1.25 cups of self-raising flour.
- 2 level teaspoons of baking powder.
- 4 teaspoons of egg replacer. I used No Egg. Follow the instructions on the box to make it. You may have to mix it with 4 Tablespoons of water.
- 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Half a cup of chopped almonds.
- Half a cup of marmalade.
Pre-heat the oven to 175C/ 350F.
Place all of the ingredients except the marmalade and almonds in a bowl and blend with a hand blender.
Place 18 patty pans in a muffin tray. Scoop a heaped tablespoon into each one.
Place the trays in the oven and cook for half an hour or until golden brown. You should be able to stick a skewer in them and have it come out clean. Place the cupcakes on a wire cooling rack.
Place the marmalade and almonds in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Take off the heat and place a little on each cake. Allow to cool.
Gobble these babies up.