The house is quiet. I can hear the groan of the fridge, the scratches of the cats and the birds outside. You could be forgiven for thinking I live in some country oasis instead of inner-west suburban Adelaide.
I feel like I should be doing a million things, but when I make a physical list, there isn't much on that list that is essential and I'm wondering if perhaps today is the perfect day to relax.
I can feel crunching bones in my shoulders. This old body needs a good stretch.
I might pick up my camera, do some yoga and go for a bike ride.
Or I might pour a cup of tea and contemplate this stillness.
After I eat this.
Bruschetta Style Potato Salad
I love bruschetta. The freshness of it all. The colours. The garlic that stains my tongue for hours.
My stomach however, gets to a point where it screams 'no more bread!'.
I swear, I would live on bread if I could.
So, potatoes to the rescue.
Time: 10 minutes
Feeds: one to two
• Two washed potatoes, stabbed and microwaved together for 5 minutes (yours may take longer depending on the size of the potatoes and your microwave. It shouldn't take longer than ten minutes, though).
• About 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered.
• Half a clove of garlic, minced.
• About 8 or so basil leaves, sliced.
• About half a tablespoon (or to your liking) of olive oil.
• Salt and pepper, to taste.
Place all of these ingredients into a bowl. Mix gently.
That's it. Add more oil or basil or whatever you like. This recipe is exactly how I made the bowlful in the picture. You don't have to follow this recipe exactly to get the same outcome. Go with what feels right.
Play with your food.